Friday, September 3, 2010

Burning Down the Flea Market

Today the Webb Road Flea Market in Salisbury burned down.  I don't have any details, but it makes me very sad.  Since moving to Kannapolis, I've been to the flea market several times.  On my most recent trip, I very nearly bought a puppy (although I decided that paying my power bill might be a better idea).  The Webb Road Flea Market was also where I had my first deep-fried Twinkie.  I couldn't finish it, but it was better than I had imagined.  The cream filling gets oozy and the cake becomes one with the batter on the outside, making it softer and creamy.  Almost like pudding.  LA had a deep-fried Snickers.  He bit into it too soon after the deep-frying and burned his tongue on it.  The woman had warned him it would be hot. 

But those days are over.  So are the days of buying a goat, some bananas, a butter churn, and underpants all in the same location.  RIP, Webb Road Flea Market.

No comments:

Post a Comment