Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Lemon Lameness

I apologize for the long hiatus.  Sometimes life just gets in the way.  With the new puppies and finding out that my house (that I'm renting) is being foreclosed, I've had a few other things on my plate.  With the impending foreclosure and sale of my house, I know that a move will soon be in the works.  I hate moving.  I really don't think anyone out there doesn't hate moving.  When I think about moving, I start thinking about all the stuff I have that I'll have to pack.  At that point, I have to stop thinking about it before it makes me dizzy. 

I have a 3-bedroom house, and it's really just storage for all of the things I've collected over the years.  We all do it.  I'm tired of having to get a bigger house each time I move, just to accommodate all of my stuff.  And I'm not alone.  LA has moved 4 times in the last two years, and two of those were moving in with me.  He also had a house full of stuff, but lost much of it when the house he was renting was foreclosed.  Sounds like an epidemic!  Each time he moved in with me, he brought enough with him to fill my shed.  He didn't even bother furnishing his last place, so the same stuff has been in my shed twice.

But enough is enough!  Neither one of us were eagerly anticipating having to rent a semi just to move everything into a new place.  And neither of us wanted 3 bedrooms to have to furnish.  What's a person to do?  That's right--start getting rid of everything.  I'm not kidding when I say we're getting rid of everything.  We had one yard sale, but didn't get rid of too much.  We'll just keep having them until we get rid of it all.

With that being said, I am getting rid of a lot of cookbooks and kitchen items.  I've got an ice cream maker that I've only used a few times.  Small tools and gadgets that people have given me and that I will never use.  I've even got the dining table priced to sell.  If anyone is interested in one of our yard sales, leave a comment with your email address and I'll email you our home address.  If you have any interest in food, I'm sure there will be something at the sale to interest you.  We even have food-related art, painted by LA.  There's something for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment